Parkinson’s Disease Treatment
What We Provide
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder. Although there is no cure at this time, there are treatment options, such as medication, surgery, and physical therapy. The goal of all of these methods is to control the symptoms for as long as possible while minimizing the adverse effects. Some of these symptoms include:
- Tremors of the Hands, Arms, Legs, Jaw, and Face
- Slowness of Movement/difficulty with dressing or feeding or daily self care activities
- Rigidity and/or Stiffness of the Limbs and Trunk
- Postural Instability or Impaired Balance
- Low Voice
We utilize a variety of therapies, including:
- LSVT BIG
- LSVT LOUD
- Postural Control Techniques
- Balance Training/ Gait training
- Neuromuscular reeducation
- Dressing/feeding and self care training
- Speech therapy including swallowing techniques and treatment
Once your initial evaluation is complete, our team will determine the most appropriate treatment plan and discuss it with you.
Parkinson’s affects our neuromuscular system and the way we move. By addressing each one of your needs we provide you with tools to improve your status and together with medication provided by your physician halt the progression of your symptoms. Our physical therapy equipment provides you with the means and opportunity to a safe workout.
Our team has the expertise and experience to build an innovative plan to assist you throughout the course of this disease. By preparing and doing the necessary therapies, you will see the difference.